some gear that I made..

Do it yourself gear. Homemade and improved upon gear.

Re: some gear that I made..

Postby NeckRed Gringo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 am

Man, liking the leather pouches. How about a you make me a tinder bag ? Lol. Seriously I would commission someone to make me the draw closure leather tinder/ fire kit bag. Looking for something more traditional than the molle bag I use.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
NeckRed Gringo
Artist Formerly Known as SD Woodsman

Postby NeckRed Gringo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 am

Second from the top that is

NeckRed Gringo

Postby cbrown3678 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:49 am

I have been driving around alot lately looking for places to camp and or hike that doesn't cost money or at least not alot of money. Iron bridge is a nice area just got to call Corp of engineers to see if camping is allowed out there. there is another spot out off of 2410 by stillhouse hollow that has a small parking area and a nice hike to the water but again not sure of camping regulations. there used to be a place between kempner and lampasas called gunderland park my family used to go there when I was a kid. Really nice area lots of big shade trees picnic tables and a few rope swings out into the water. That was back in the 80's tho.
Gonna repost this reply in another section as well to see if we can get something local going .
cbrown3678
Fair Weather Camper

Postby cbrown3678 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:53 am

Let me see if I can dig up the rest of the leather I used for that bag and I'll make something up for ya.. really don't sell all that much of my gear other than the jigs that I make but pretty sure we can figure something out for barter.
cbrown3678
Fair Weather Camper

Postby NeckRed Gringo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:25 am

cbrown3678 wrote:Let me see if I can dig up the rest of the leather I used for that bag and I'll make something up for ya.. really don't sell all that much of my gear other than the jigs that I make but pretty sure we can figure something out for barter.
Sounds good man, if there is anything lacking in your kit or many leather working tools let me know. We can find something for a fair exchange

NeckRed Gringo

Postby cbrown3678 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Made a new leather fishing kit wallet.. it's bigger than the first ones I made which are mainly pocket carries, but the new one still fits in a cargo pants pocket and can hold a little more gear..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbrown3678
Fair Weather Camper

Postby cbrown3678 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:01 pm

Also got bored and tired of buying cheapy Walmart wallets that fall apart after a little abuse and use so took some scraps and made this wallet for myself.. might just hold up long enough to hand down to my son if he ever wants it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbrown3678
Fair Weather Camper

Postby BigJesse » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:35 pm

What I like most about leather is that it's an easy hobby to get into. You don't need a lot of fancy expensive equipment to get started. An awl and some bank line and you can make whatever you want.

These posts make me want to try my hand at it again. I've got too many things on the burner though.

Awesome work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2018 - 13 Nights Under The Stars
Texas Bushcraft's YouTube, Texas Bushcraft's Facebook

bigjesse@txbushcraft.com
BigJesse
Site Admin

Previous

Return to D.I.Y. Modified and Homemade Gear.