My big boys

Khukuri, Bolo, Parang, etc
SilverBinder
Fair Weather Camper

My big boys

Post by SilverBinder »

I have spent a number of years in some very interesting places. During that time I picked up the habit of carring a kukri or parang as my major tool of choice. I have carried parangs for 15 or so years most of the time one of the chandong style. The one I carry now has had the wooden handle replaced by a cheap rubber handle and the wood sheath rotted. I have just ordered a new one from a reliable and cheap dealer in Malaysia. A great place to buy a fantastic set of sharpening stones at a very cheap price. Check out the web at Outdoordynamics.com the owner's a great guy. One bit of advice email first to check availability and any price changes, It's worth it if you like parangs. These are made by Bidor blacksmiths from old Landrover springs. The small knife in the picture is a Long Hunter knife that I carry for general camp use. Usually in my pack or attached to the pack frame.
DSCF0090.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SilverBinder on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"This is Liberty Hall - you can spit on the mat and call the "cat" a bastard!"
DBX
Camp Curmudgeon Master Edge Technician

Re: My big boys

Post by DBX »

What! No pictures? Shame, shame. :mrgreen:

OK, now... I just push THIS button?
"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." -Troll wisdom

Climate change started with the Big Bang.
SilverBinder
Fair Weather Camper

Re: My big boys

Post by SilverBinder »

As soon as I have time to do pics. I'm doing finals and grading now.
"This is Liberty Hall - you can spit on the mat and call the "cat" a bastard!"