Fine dining: Specialty Pork Tenderloin

Penny stove, hobo stove, canteen cup. What do you use to disinfect water and cook food? Discuss.
Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Fine dining: Specialty Pork Tenderloin

Post by Hale » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:23 pm

One of my favorite things to make, a specialty item, really. One of my old market bosses taught me how to put this beauty together. Recipe by demand, but its a Pork Tenderloin with a heart of cream cheese, jalapenos dressing the top, wrapped in bacon, seasoned heavily with salt, other fare and brown sugar.

I might try making this at camp one night.

RECIPE:

Materials:
Pork Tenderloin. x1 (They usually come two pieces to one package.)
Brick of cream cheese. x2
Jalapenos. x3
Bacon. x1b.
Season salt.
Garlic powder.
Brown Sugar.
Tin foil.
Toothpicks.

Assembly:
Place three large sheets of foil on rigid baking sheet.
Lay strips of bacon out lengthwise.
Place Pork Tenderloins widthwise to bacon.
Cream Cheese bricks placed between tenderloins in center.
Brown sugar(2-3 tablespoons, a fair amount at least) goes on cream cheese. (This is a variable, can be left out.)
Wrap bacon strips over tenderloin and cream cheese, fastened down with toothpicks as pictured.
Slices of jalapenos(Seeds in) go on top of assembled tenderloin(I may have forgotten them in this picture.)
Coat assembled tenderloins decently with season salt, a few light dashes of garlic powder.
Wrap up with foil and seal.

Cooking: 375 degrees x 40 mins, roughly. After this, open up the top of the foil and cook openly for 10 mins to brown meat lightly.

Serves three to four.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hale on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Basil: Is there something wrong? | Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war? | Basil: Me! You started it! | Elder Herr: We did not start it! | Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.

Hammbone
Wet Tinder

Re: Fine dining: Specialty Pork Tenderloin

Post by Hammbone » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:11 am

Mmmmmm. . .recipe requested!

Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Hale » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Updated.
Basil: Is there something wrong? | Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war? | Basil: Me! You started it! | Elder Herr: We did not start it! | Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.

NeckRed Gringo
Artist Formerly Known as SD Woodsman

Post by NeckRed Gringo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 am

Omg this looks and sounds so good I could eat it for breakfast right now lol. Might try this out on my next overnighter. How would you do it on a camp fire?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk