EDC Mini Survival kit

Your Every Day Carry.
saustin1967
One with the Wilderness

EDC Mini Survival kit

Post by saustin1967 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Made from an aluminum capsule carry this everyday.
uploadfromtaptalk1369626435923.jpg
Everything fits in the horizontal pouch and goes on my belt every morning.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2019 - 8 Nights Under the Stars
Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast
non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es
à tout le monde, à tous mes amis, je vous aime"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BigJesse
Site Admin

Re: EDC Mini Survival kit

Post by BigJesse » Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Did you make that pouch or is that from something?
2020 - 6 Nights Under The Stars
Personal Best: 17 Nights (2019)

Texas Bushcraft's YouTube, Texas Bushcraft's Facebook

saustin1967
One with the Wilderness

Post by saustin1967 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:56 pm

BigJesse wrote:Did you make that pouch or is that from something?
I do not remember where I got it I have had it floating around since I was a kid. Think it came from an Army surplus store. I looked up the brand name on google,and the are still made.

Do not remember the brand, it is still out in the truck. I will get it tomorrow and add it to this thread, as well as a detailed inventory of whatvis in the capsule.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pointman
Bush Wacker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Pointman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Sooooooooo......... Did you ever make it out to your truck. It's now nearly Thanksgiving and you posted this is May. I'm curious regarding the contents of the capsule cuz I just made a similar one for my key chain recently and wanted to compare notes.

saustin1967
One with the Wilderness

Post by saustin1967 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Pointman wrote:Sooooooooo......... Did you ever make it out to your truck. It's now nearly Thanksgiving and you posted this is May. I'm curious regarding the contents of the capsule cuz I just made a similar one for my key chain recently and wanted to compare notes.
:D
Yes, actually made it to the truck the long way, via a new truck. Then had to go out to San Saba.... well long story short it slipped my eenyweeny mind, sorry!
This is the tag that is on the back side of the pouch. Last I looked they were still in business and this pouch was available online.

Contents
Capsule, Saw blade knife, HF Wind up flashlight, button compass, mini bic flint striker, p-38, 3 water resistant matches, 6' waxed cotton twine, 2 water purification tables, alcohol swab, $20 US, 2 butterfly strips, 1 bandage strip, small sewing kit, needle, thread, small safety pin, packet of triple antibiotic.

Thanks Point, I remember why this is an emergency kit now...
...once you have all that crap in the little capsule, it better be an emergency before you take it out again, 'cause it do not want to go back in easy.

Enjoy

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pointman
Bush Wacker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Pointman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:10 am

HA, HA, I know exactly what you mean about crammin' everything back in. The one I made was an attempt at carrying some basics. I always have plenty of cordage with my watchband and the compass is in the paracord bracelet on my other wrist. Folder in my pocket and a prophylactic in my wallet covers cutting and container. The capsule covers fire, fishing, and water purification so the biggest issue is cover so I don't know what you could carry on you other than maybe a trash bag.

Two pieces of char cloth, 2 Chlorine dioxide tablets. small screw eyes for constructing a fishing pole, small plastic grub, split shot, and 3 strike anywhere matches. It's kinda hard to tell but in my hand I have a small straw with VCB stuffed in it, a small piece of 120 grit sandpaper (for the matches) 2 fishhooks and about 20' of paracord inner strands wrapped around. Sorry, I was not about to unwrap and rewrap that little package just for show and tell. :D I also carry a bic lighter everywhere I go and the tick key and P38 (not shown) are just accessories. My keychain is basically just a place to keep them. My dog is always picking up ticks on our excursions. They don't seem to bother me as much but I do get an occasional hichhiker.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.