Kids stuff or serious business

Andre Crawford
Wet Tinder
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kids stuff or serious business

Post by Andre Crawford » Mon May 27, 2013 8:39 pm

What I can tell you is that this can be a bit of both.

There are easy ones and hard ones, and everything in between. What I have found most valuable is teaching my kids, and brushing up on my own land nav/map reading. When my boys go out, sure they use a GPS but I also have them shoot an azmuth and check out the map. Nothing beats learning the old and the new at the same time.

On a side note, Land Navigation is very dry and boring for most kids. A mix of tech, and old world makes it fun for them.
Your not prepared if you can't remember what your carrying and where it is.

BigJesse
Site Admin

Re: Kids stuff or serious business

Post by BigJesse » Mon May 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Andre Crawford wrote:What I can tell you is that this can be a bit of both.

There are easy ones and hard ones, and everything in between. What I have found most valuable is teaching my kids, and brushing up on my own land nav/map reading. When my boys go out, sure they use a GPS but I also have them shoot an azmuth and check out the map. Nothing beats learning the old and the new at the same time.

On a side note, Land Navigation is very dry and boring for most kids. A mix of tech, and old world makes it fun for them.

Great post/idea. Once mine gets of age I'll be doing the same. But who knows by then we'll have GPS in our brains. :lol:

Shnick
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Shnick » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:23 am

Depends on the cacher. If they're out with kids, they'll be more likely in it for the fun. If not, well they're probably obsessed like I was... LOL
So, this is where my sig line goes, right?

Bear
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Bear » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Happy one year anniversary to Shnick's post on this thread. All Hail the dead thread. LOL.