Ye Olden Days of the San Saba Rendy.

Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Ye Olden Days of the San Saba Rendy.

Post by Hale »

Was cleaning up el computadora and came across a few good times. Thought to share them again anyway. That was a lot of fun camping with you all and others in San Saba! Made my first bowdrill fire, ate at Jeffro's camp every time I smelled food and met some of the nicest people! I miss it. I'd like to try and come to one of the pine woods campouts someday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Basil: Is there something wrong? | Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war? | Basil: Me! You started it! | Elder Herr: We did not start it! | Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.
Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Re: Ye Olden Days of the San Saba Rendy.

Post by Hale »

contd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Basil: Is there something wrong? | Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war? | Basil: Me! You started it! | Elder Herr: We did not start it! | Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.
Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Hale »

Found a few more but am having trouble transferring them over to the right file format.

South Texas can be more cold than South Dakota when it wants to be. I remember freezing halfway to death in a sleeping bag and hammock rig around '17 or '18 when the drizzling rain and ice set up. Skinny people don't generate much heat and I was screwed in that dept! I still camp as much as possible and have spent months at a time sleeping in the woods in Colorado but they frown on fires up there with the beetle infestation and so many wildfires as is every summer..
Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Hale »

I won a Kephart style knife at a tomahawk throwing competition one year and used that knife so much I sharpened halfway through the blade. Camping and outdoor recreation in Texas can be hard with so much private land but that worked when it did!
BigJesse
Site Admin

Post by BigJesse »

Good times!
2021 - 12 Nights Under The Stars
Personal Best: 17 Nights (2019)

Texas Bushcraft's YouTube, Texas Bushcraft's Facebook