Ammo

Okcmco
Fair Weather Camper

Re: Ammo

Post by Okcmco » Fri May 22, 2020 6:45 am

Anytime there is a disaster or a mass shooting or something that causes ammo to go out of stock quickly, I hit my online sources. The day after the tragic school shooting in Connecticut, after I cried for about 20 minutes, I logged onto Sportsmens guide and ordered a bunch of ammo. Much of it came very quickly, the 22 Long rifle ammo I ordered was put on back order and as soon as the product was delivered To the seller, they shipped it out to me.
This method also showed me that there was just a bottleneck in production. Merchandisers were caught flat-footed And the increase demand sold them out. But it also showed me that the manufacturers were working very hard to fill the gap. The biggest problem I guess was panic buying. I remember my fellow gun but he’s talking about theories that it’s the government or a New World order or the UN that was causing the shortage. But in the end it We gun people that panicked and bought ammo are the ones that caused a shortage. The same Happen during the pandemic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJesse
Site Admin

Post by BigJesse » Fri May 22, 2020 9:54 am

Okcmco wrote: But in the end it We gun people that panicked and bought ammo are the ones that caused a shortage. The same Happen during the pandemic

Absolutely. My issue is that I like to shoot, a lot, a don't want to get into my stockpile. So I'm constantly buying ammo. It gets expensive which is why I started reloading.
Panic buying is just a part of these things. If you can't beat'um; join'um.

2020 - 6 Nights Under The Stars
Personal Best: 17 Nights (2019)

Texas Bushcraft's YouTube, Texas Bushcraft's Facebook

Xgenbarlow
Fair Weather Camper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Xgenbarlow » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Ammoseek.com

I order all my ammo online now and it tells me where still has stock. Way easier then trying to locate it.

These users thanked the author Xgenbarlow for the post:
BigJesse (Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:22 pm)
Rating: 11.11%
- Xgen
Member of the Farkarewe Tribe