Hello!

Pointman
Bush Wacker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hello!

Post by Pointman » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:46 am

Tim wrote:Ah, yes Lubbock. I went to Frenship High School and Texas Tech. Boy do I miss west Texas. I probably had some of my best camping experiences up there.

Its one of those places that so many people hate when they live there, but when they move away they want to be back. Kind of like the old MacDavis song.

I have been actually thinking about moving back to start a Ph.D at Tech so I could become a Professor.
Palo Duro canyon is a great place to backpack just Southeast of Amarillo and is gorgeous. Burn ban so no campfires, but still awesome.

Tim
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Tim » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:51 am

Yep, I went to Palo Duro and Cap Rock canyon several times a year when I lived in Lubbock.

skbenton
Fair Weather Camper

Post by skbenton » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:31 pm

Tim wrote:

Its one of those places that so many people hate when they live there, but when they move away they want to be back. Kind of like the old MacDavis song.
Ya I hear that and I also hear its like a black hole...won't let you get out! Lol....Seriously the people are some of the best in the country...I just wish there was more water.

God Bless!
Kent

skbenton
Fair Weather Camper

Post by skbenton » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Tim wrote:

Ya I hear that and I also hear its like a black hole...won't let you get out! Lol....Seriously the people are some of the best in the country...I just wish there was more water.

God Bless!
Kent

lumpyball
Fair Weather Camper

Post by lumpyball » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:14 am

I'm in Lubbock also. Grew up off of the Caprock in Spur, went to WT, lived in Wichita Falls, but got back to Lubbock after a year of that.

cwulf
Fair Weather Camper

Post by cwulf » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Hello from the San Angelo area. Anybody know of any meetups around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk