Gear Organization (life update kinda too)

What ever is on your mind.
BigJesse
Site Admin

Gear Organization (life update kinda too)

Post by BigJesse » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:56 pm

We recently bought a house and finally I have some time to organize stuff besides lawn equipment and rogue allen wrenches and skill saw blades.
So after however many years of bushcrafting and gathering of gear I went ahead and organized it all. Turns out, when I laid it all out I have much less gear than I thought. It's all there, just feels like a lot of more when you have it all in bags.
It's nothing special. Just a Plano 5 shelf thing from Walmart I piled my stuff on. Initially, my thought was for everything to have it's own shelf but after realizing how little space it all actually takes up I kinda just put the most used categories in the middle then everything else one shelf below with my sleep systems on top and packs/sacks on the bottom 2.
Despite my outward appearance I quite like organization, those behind the scenes at the gathering probably saw a little of that.

Life update time. We bought a house as I said above, its summertime which means crazy busy at work and personal life so Bushcraft takes a backseat for a while till it all slows down again. I'm very much looking forward to Septembers meet. I need it.

Hope all is well with everyone. See yall soon.
These users thanked the author BigJesse for the post (total 5):
YoungBlacksmith (Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 am) • saustin1967 (Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:10 pm) • Woodsman Wannabe (Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 pm) • real_steel (Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:59 am) • joker52186 (Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:36 pm)
Rating: 55.56%

Squirrel_Master
Fair Weather Camper

Re: Gear Organization (life update kinda too)

Post by Squirrel_Master » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:16 pm

I've been needing to do this too. The wife has been offering to buy me shelving for the garage to put all my gear on, as its all just on the ground, taking up half of the garage floor lol. But it's been way to fricken hot to want to do that project. Your set up looks nice though. Its amazing how much space all your gear takes up when its on a floor and in boxes, but when you put in on a shelf, it looks like you should have bought more! :D
These users thanked the author Squirrel_Master for the post:
BigJesse (Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:08 pm)
Rating: 11.11%

BigJesse
Site Admin

Post by BigJesse » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Squirrel_Master wrote:I've been needing to do this too. The wife has been offering to buy me shelving for the garage to put all my gear on, as its all just on the ground, taking up half of the garage floor lol. But it's been way to fricken hot to want to do that project. Your set up looks nice though. Its amazing how much space all your gear takes up when its on a floor and in boxes, but when you put in on a shelf, it looks like you should have bought more! :D
Glad you commented.
I moved some stuff around and managed to streamline it all.
Got my workbench on one side with a LED shop light above it and reused an old filing cabinet that came with the house for my tools and projects. I'm happy with what I've got but I need to stay diligent in keeping it tidy.
These users thanked the author BigJesse for the post (total 2):
Squirrel_Master (Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:19 pm) • YoungBlacksmith (Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:40 am)
Rating: 22.22%

Squirrel_Master
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Squirrel_Master » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:20 pm

@BigJesse
Got my workbench on one side with a LED shop light above it
Shop lights are clutch! That set up looks great. Having a bench to set up your gear makes a lot of sense, I end up with everything on the ground. I need to 'elevate' my work space. Thanks for the pics.

ps. how do I add your name within the quote?

BigJesse
Site Admin

Post by BigJesse » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:28 pm

Squirrel_Master wrote:[mention]BigJesse[/mention]
Got my workbench on one side with a LED shop light above it
Shop lights are clutch! That set up looks great. Having a bench to set up your gear makes a lot of sense, I end up with everything on the ground. I need to 'elevate' my work space. Thanks for the pics.

ps. how do I add your name within the quote?
Just hit "quote" if you're using Tapatalk or the quotation mark if your using a browser.

Lastly you can do it the hard way by putting the quote between: "[ quote=THEIRNAMEHERE] TEXT HERE [ /quote]" No spaces in the brackets.
These users thanked the author BigJesse for the post:
Squirrel_Master (Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:45 pm)

Squirrel_Master
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Squirrel_Master » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:46 pm

BigJesse wrote: Lastly you can do it the hard way by putting the quote between
Thanks!
These users thanked the author Squirrel_Master for the post:
BigJesse (Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:49 pm)