Assuming a longer stay:
1. Hatchet/axe head
2. draw knife; bark strip, board splitting, dowel/handle making, bark scrapper, shaving
3. saw blade 3" (preferable with nuts and bolts)
4. spiral auger 1-2" (drill blade) for drilling holes (more thinking for pegged construction, but there's tons of applications)
5. my first aid kit; feel like this could be a cop-out to say "kit", but I've had some issues in the bush that dictate the necessity for quality pharmaceuticals
7. pot with lid; iron or steel; might be able to get by with clay pots, but I've grown up with the heat distribution, so it's what I'm used to
8. proper clothing; especially a warm weather proof rain coat.
9. butcher knife; makes life easier
10. journal/pen; endless entertainment, thoughts, art. It's said that a samurai could practice the code of Bushido in a windowless room, for the rest of us, we have to write shit down.
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
If you could only choose 10 items what would they be and why?
1 post • Page 1 of 1