dunno if this is the right place for this post.

Stories. From the unaccustomed camper to a heroic voyage through turmoil.
cbrown3678
Fair Weather Camper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dunno if this is the right place for this post.

Post by cbrown3678 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:01 pm

So I decided to go to Miller springs today. Started off really nice about 75° got half way thru my hike and the rain starts yay me. So being prepared I pull my tarp out get it set up and enjoy the weather. Bad part, as I'm getting up to pack everything up my knee gives out and I hit the dirt and slide towards the ravine thankfully I didn't go over the edge or I don't know what condition I would be in right now. All is well tho and here are a few pics of the area I was in. the second pic shows the ditch I was heading for when I fell. After looking at it had I went over I would have been up dookie Creek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffro
Camp Curmudgeon Chief Chef

Re: dunno if this is the right place for this post.

Post by jeffro » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Looks like you found some goodies to heal you up
Conjugus non unum

cbrown3678
Fair Weather Camper
Been thanked: 0

Post by cbrown3678 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 pm

The goodies were before the fall..lol. I always carry a cpl packs of oatmeal, ramen, beef jerky and some raisins or craisins with me in my pack along with minimum 2 litres of water 5litres if I have my pack with my water bladder..was a nice day tho and with the rain I was able to funnel water off my tarp and refill my canteen.

BigJesse
Site Admin

Post by BigJesse » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Yeah today was a nice day. If only I hadn't enjoyed it while working in Austin. Oh well.

Looks like a good time. Well, besides the fall.
I've got bum ankles from years of skateboarding in my younger days. I'm extra careful, but no matter how much attention I put into each step I roll one of them at least once every quarter.