Coon Point trip

Tell us what is coming up. If you're going for a day hike or a month long excursion.
User avatar
saustin1967
Novice Knife Maker
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Pollok, TX

Coon Point trip

Post by saustin1967 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:08 am

The boys over in LA are putting together a paddle trip on Toledo Bend out to Coon Point.
It is Labor Day weekend, the weekend before our Glamping trip.

I plan to attend.

BCUSA post is here
https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/ ... st-3947480
2018 - 13 Nights Under the Stars
Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast
non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es
à tout le monde, à tous mes amis, je vous aime"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User avatar
DBX
Camp Curmudgeon Master Edge Technician
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Angleton, Texas

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by DBX » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:36 pm

No way I'll be able to get a holiday weekend off!
Post pix!
"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." -Troll wisdom

Climate change started with the Big Bang.

User avatar
saustin1967
Novice Knife Maker
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Pollok, TX

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by saustin1967 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:45 pm

DBX wrote:No way I'll be able to get a holiday weekend off!
Post pix!
Yeah, especially two in a row. You don’t like them LA guys anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2018 - 13 Nights Under the Stars
Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast
non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es
à tout le monde, à tous mes amis, je vous aime"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User avatar
DBX
Camp Curmudgeon Master Edge Technician
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Angleton, Texas

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by DBX » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:02 pm

saustin1967 wrote:
DBX wrote:No way I'll be able to get a holiday weekend off!
Post pix!
Yeah, especially two in a row. You don’t like them LA guys anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ha! Don't like any of you bunch of reprobates all that much! Image
"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." -Troll wisdom

Climate change started with the Big Bang.

User avatar
saustin1967
Novice Knife Maker
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Pollok, TX

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by saustin1967 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:53 am

DBX wrote:
saustin1967 wrote:
DBX wrote:No way I'll be able to get a holiday weekend off!
Post pix!
Yeah, especially two in a row. You don’t like them LA guys anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ha! Don't like any of you bunch of reprobates all that much! Image

Aw, come on why we gotta be reprobates, I thought we were Deplorables.
2018 - 13 Nights Under the Stars
Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast
non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es
à tout le monde, à tous mes amis, je vous aime"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

jeffro
Camp Curmudgeon Chief Chef
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Georgetown, Texas

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by jeffro » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Scott, I am perfectly fine with reprobate. Vile and impious wretch is just too much of a mouthful.
Conjugus non unum

jeffro
Camp Curmudgeon Chief Chef
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Georgetown, Texas

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by jeffro » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:07 pm

I can only imagine what Obi Wan would say upon approaching our AO. "TXBC Campsite, nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy we must go carefully."
Conjugus non unum

User avatar
DBX
Camp Curmudgeon Master Edge Technician
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Angleton, Texas

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by DBX » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:57 am

jeffro wrote:I can only imagine what Obi Wan would say upon approaching our AO. "TXBC Campsite, nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy we must go carefully."
Solo shot first!
"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." -Troll wisdom

Climate change started with the Big Bang.

User avatar
saustin1967
Novice Knife Maker
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Pollok, TX

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by saustin1967 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:45 am

DBX wrote:
jeffro wrote:I can only imagine what Obi Wan would say upon approaching our AO. "TXBC Campsite, nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy we must go carefully."
Solo shot first!
Greedo deserved it! I would have shot him too.
2018 - 13 Nights Under the Stars
Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast
non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es
à tout le monde, à tous mes amis, je vous aime"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

jeffro
Camp Curmudgeon Chief Chef
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 am
Location: Georgetown, Texas

Re: Coon Point trip

Post by jeffro » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 pm

saustin1967 wrote:
DBX wrote:
jeffro wrote:I can only imagine what Obi Wan would say upon approaching our AO. "TXBC Campsite, nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy we must go carefully."
Solo shot first!
Greedo deserved it! I would have shot him too.
Just like a reprobate, don't you think?
Conjugus non unum

Post Reply