New from Floresville Tx

Introduce yourself. Location, reason you enjoy bushcraft, what brought you here.
ReynBob
Fair Weather Camper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New from Floresville Tx

Post by ReynBob » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:27 am

Howdy... new to this forum and new to the Bushcraft community. I have always been outdoors...camping, the Frio River, Texas lake fishing, horseback riding, etc...but new to the Bushcraft style. I am in my early 60s and was laid up earlier this year recovering from some surgery and began going thru some youtube viewing to pass the time. I became fascinated in the bushcraft videos, backpacking, and primitive camping posts. I have since "geared up" with my 5 Cs and am just starting a few local side trips to test my amateur skills, my meddle, and my new gear. I am currently planning a trip to the Hill Country State Natural Area outside Bandera... as I am very familiar with that park from horseback riding it for many years: 5000 acres, 40 miles of trails, several primitive camp sites. Should be a good place to base-camp and day hike. My objective is to not only enjoy the outdoors with a collective set of new skills but also to introduce my young grand-sons and grand-daughter to the outdoors. I told my kids they are welcome to entertain their kids with trips to amusement parks... I would prefer to show them how to "whittle & spit" so to speak. Show them some basic self reliance skills... pitching a tent/shelter, fire making, knot tying, etc... to hopefully impart to them an appreciation of the outdoors and some self-confidence. I stumbled upon this forum while searching for Bushcraft Festivals and hope to attend some. Thank You...ReynBob.

real_steel
Wet Tinder
Been thanked: 0

Re: New from Floresville Tx

Post by real_steel » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:42 am

Good on you, ReynBob. Welcome to the forum.
real_steel

YoungBlacksmith
Wet Tinder

Post by YoungBlacksmith » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:45 am

Welcome to the group ReynBob!
Aaron

"G.W. Sears would not have tolerated MRE's, that is not what Woodcraft and Camping is all about." - Jeffro

BigJesse
Site Admin

Post by BigJesse » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:51 am

Welcome! The forum is a little slow this time of year but feel free to browse around and reply.

jeffro
Camp Curmudgeon Chief Chef

Post by jeffro » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Howdy and welcome from the Rocky Hollow in Georgetown,Texas. I just got back from down on the Frio, my son lives in Leaky however I didn't get in any whittling and spitting it was only electrical work for me this weekend.
Conjugus non unum