Imelda & flooding

What ever is on your mind.
Woodsman Wannabe
Wet Tinder

Imelda & flooding

Post by Woodsman Wannabe » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 pm

I was caught in the flooding in Beaumont this morning, but now back at the homestead.
Looking at Facebook and the news services, looks like the flooding has become fairly wide spread.
Hope everybody here is doing all right.

BTW, does anybody know if the screws in a metal roof are supposed to be replaced periodically? We suddenly have a small leak, and I am hoping it is just a matter of new screws....

jeffro
Camp Curmudgeon Chief Chef

Re: Imelda & flooding

Post by jeffro » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:04 pm

Yes Woods, you have to take a screw gun and tighten the screws up every two or three years. If they don't want to tighten up you may have to go to a larger screw. If you have rubber gaskets you may have to replace the screws because the gaskets are cracking and failing.
These users thanked the author jeffro for the post:
Woodsman Wannabe (Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:37 am)
Rating: 11.11%
Conjugus non unum

Woodsman Wannabe
Wet Tinder

Re: Imelda & flooding

Post by Woodsman Wannabe » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:40 am

jeffro wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:04 pm
Yes Woods, you have to take a screw gun and tighten the screws up every two or three years. If they don't want to tighten up you may have to go to a larger screw. If you have rubber gaskets you may have to replace the screws because the gaskets are cracking and failing.
Thanks for the info. I guess I will be climbing up on the roof every couple years from now on, and probably ought to keep a supply of screws. Hate that thought, I can see myself falling off or falling through....