Kinda dead in here, Milt!

What ever is on your mind.
Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Re: Kinda dead in here, Milt!

Post by Hale »

Is the Big Rona over yet? I'm ready!

Guiding season got pushed back by a month and more and the tourism industry is absolutely a different world right now so I'm still doing mental gymnastics about reliable work and doing property maintenance in the mean time. The Mayan's missed their predictions by about eight years, it seems!

Hope everyone here is doing good! Mosquitos are getting bigger and the beer money is going up with every five degrees that temperature climbs!
Basil: Is there something wrong? | Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war? | Basil: Me! You started it! | Elder Herr: We did not start it! | Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.
Aporia
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Aporia »

Started a new job 5/4 and had a kid on Cinco de Mayo so it's been an absolute blur of Zoom meetings, diaper changes, and late night feedings!

On top of that I still need to get all my deer gear set up at the new lease in Wichita Falls area.

Watching bushcraft videos on TV is about all I can manage right now.

Can't wait to take my daughter out for her first camping trip, whenever that may be!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Hale »

No can do, chief.

Wichita Falls area is underwater as of that recent storm. This is the Little Wichita River about a day after the fact.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Basil: Is there something wrong? | Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war? | Basil: Me! You started it! | Elder Herr: We did not start it! | Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.
jeffro
Camp Curmudgeon Chief Chef

Post by jeffro »

A little bit of that moisture never deterred us.
Conjugus non unum
YoungBlacksmith
Day Hiker

Post by YoungBlacksmith »

Great thing about Texas, just a drive will take you somewhere else. High and dry here in the Piney woods!
Aaron

"G.W. Sears would not have tolerated MRE's, that is not what Woodcraft and Camping is all about." - Jeffro
Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Hale »

The Soggy Bottom Boys would be sea monkeys by now!
jeffro

Post by jeffro »

But at least we could get a fire lit.
Conjugus non unum
Hale
Fair Weather Camper

Post by Hale »

Stupid is backing into the doorway of a garage when you were looking right at where you were going.

Smart is being able to repair your broken tail light assembly in five minutes and not have to buy a new one. There's a reason they won't give me a CDL-A and I got reminded of that this morning!
jeffro

Post by jeffro »

What in neck is wrong with you? Snick is falling down on his job as your keeper?
Conjugus non unum
YoungBlacksmith
Day Hiker

Post by YoungBlacksmith »

I still check in daily.... Morning y'all!
Aaron

"G.W. Sears would not have tolerated MRE's, that is not what Woodcraft and Camping is all about." - Jeffro